Thursday 29 March 2012

The Events of Parihaka

My opinion on the events of Parihaka:

I believe that Te Whiti and Tohu were inspirational because they refused to sink to the level of violence. Many people in their situation would have fought back, but they took the peaceful approach. I think that the reason why they advocated non-violence was because they were already in the right and knew that more war would achieve nothing, also they knew that the Europeans were in the wrong.  I think they actions of the Europeans were inhumane and cruel; and they just wanted power and land. The Maori's decisions were good and if they had fought back they could have caused more conflict and the war may have gone on much longer.

WALT: Summarise information and  give my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment